OSG Technology Area Meeting, 4 October 2022¶
- Coordinates: Conference: +1-415-655-0002, PIN: 146 266 9392, https://morgridge-org.zoom.us/j/91987518094 (password sent separately)
- Attending: BrianL, Mat, Carl, TimT
- BrianL OOO (travel + vacation) the next two weeks
- Mat gone next Tue-Fri + following Monday morning for travel
- This week: TimT
- Next week: ?
- 7 (-2) open FreshDesk tickets
- 0 (+0) open GGUS ticket
Jira (as of Monday)¶
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|32||+0||Selected for Dev|
|1||-4||Ready for Testing|
|4||+4||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- TimT on triage duty next week; will do double duty
- Next Doc Focus this week Fri, Oct 7
- Starting EL 9 work this month; including items for Carl after GitHub comanage identifier work; TimT may rope in help for EL9 prep work
- AI (Mat): OSDF helm chart for Fabio targeted for this week
- AI (Mat): fix rsyslog in glideins
- AI (Carl): Update Topology to pull GitHub identifier from COManage
- rsyslog not working at a lot of sites, see if canary sites are reporting properly with rsyslog; Lincoln is interested as well (in rsyslog), and in first-class rook PVC.
BrianL: user issue, ssh key with comanage account; or 2fa like with duo; issue with XSEDE and ACCESS; submit6 never logged them in.
Mat: stash issue; everything transferred to stderr; empty files cause transfers to fail; jobs w/ no stdout cause transfer failures; ospool ticket. Upgrades for stashcp. New upstream location for source tarballs.
Carl: made PRs for retiring TIGER-OSG-BACKFILL; can review together at hackathon; Mat suggests doing things differently.
OSG Release Team¶
- Ready for Testing
- XRootD 5.5.1 RC1 - Fix issue with FUSE mounts
- Ready for Release
None last week