Reviewing Software Documentation¶
To maintain quality documentation, we regularly review our documentation for clarity and correctness.
Performing a Review¶
When reviewing a document, follow the instructions of the document to a tee as if you were completely new to the OSG. Some common things to note and/or fix:
- After completing the instructions in the document:
- Does the document inform you how to use the product?
- Does the document tell you how to verify that the product is functioning?
- Does the product work?
- Incorrect or out of date instructions
- Steps that may be particularly conducive to software or default configuration as a solution
- Lack of clarity or any other confusion you may have
Additionally, ensure that the document meets our style and layout guidelines, as well as correct spelling and grammar.
Completing a Review¶
Upon completion of the review:
Update (or add) the review date in the metadata at the top of the document above the
Submit a pull request with the above change and any other improvements from the review