OSG Technology Area Meeting, 23 August 2022¶
- Coordinates: Conference: +1-415-655-0002, PIN: 146 266 9392, https://morgridge-org.zoom.us/j/91987518094 (password sent separately)
- Attending: BrianL, Mat, TimT, Carl, Marco Mambelli, Ziyang
Carl out Wednesdays
- This week: Carl
- Next week: Carl
- 7 (-1) open FreshDesk tickets
- 0 (+0) open GGUS ticket
Jira (as of Monday)¶
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|44||+6||Selected for Dev|
|5||+2||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- Kubernetes hackathon today, already discussed things on the docket
- Fields (like github username) are editible in comanage; would be good to test editing especially if we are non-admins
- Marco: has PR for GWMS item; troubleshooting Mats's issue
- AI (BrianL, Mat, Carl) discuss all the container building use cases
- AI (Mat): check in with Fabio to see where PR for hawaii origin stands
Do we want to fork off existing SLATE chart, or do we just make the changes? Eventually want cache in tiger for our purposes.
The new EPEL release of Apptainer (the replacement for Singularity) requires user namespaces. This will need to be documented for admins.
The GlideinWMS developers planning a release candidate for this week. They recently worked with the HTCondor Team to debug an HTCondor-CE issue with dual stack IPv4/IPv6. BrianL will investigate the CE default configuration to see what might have caused that.
Expecting a new HTCondor 9.0.16 release today, and a 9.11.0 release on Thursday.
None this week
OSG Release Team¶
TimT: new condor releases (9.11.1)
Ready for Testing
- TimT: note prce2 more strict about character classes in regex (hyphen must go at the end
- BrianL: need to find victims to update from stable series to 9.12
- AI (TimT): reach out to John Thiltges about feasibility of updating to 10.0? (TimT: 9.12.0 in a couple weeks)