OSG Technology Area Meeting, 16 November 2020¶
Coordinates: Conference: +1 312-626-6799, PIN: 718 161 330, https://cern.zoom.us/j/718161330 (password sent separately)
Attending: BrianB, BrianL, Carl, Junheng, Marco Mambelli, Mat, TimT
- Tech Area meeting merged into Monday morning 9am CST stand-ups! Please provide any feedback to BrianL
- BrianL OOO next week, Mat and BrianB to act as back-up
- This week: BrianL
- Next week: Carl
- 4 (-7) open FreshDesk tickets
- 0 (-1) open GGUS ticket
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|15||-1||Selected for Dev|
|22||-2||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- Container dev guide updated for GHA
- New docs for upgrading MkDocs repos to GHA
- AI (Junheng): work on osg-notify bug-fix
- AI (Mat): OSG-Configure tasks promised to the GlideinWMS team for the end of November.
- Mat found a GlideinWMS bug when working on Ubuntu support; Marco to review and merge, which should get us further along since the affected script is pulled from the master branch
- 3.7.1 got promoted to production.
- Working on merging the changes to the Python 3 version.
- UCSD factories are both running the 3.7 series.
- CERN factory still running 3.6 series.
- 3.7.2 expected to handle missing GSI infrastructure.
IceCube (Mat) - playing whack-a-mole with Stash Origin issues (docs have already been improved as a result). Currently investigating permission issues that are likely in the XRootD configuration layer.
OSG Investigations Team¶
BrianB has made quite a bit of progress on the OS pool registry:
- Almost has an end-to-end proof of concept working in the osgdev namespace on Tiger
- Put together a development container so that work can be handed off
None this week
OSG Release Team¶
|0||+0||0||+0||3||+0||3||+0||Selected for Development|
|0||+0||0||+0||5||-2||5||-2||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||0||+0||0||+0||0||+0||Ready for Release|
- Ready for Testing
- XRootD 4.12.5
- EL8: bunch of stuff (still waiting for HTCondor-CE)
- Ready for Release
- Nothing yet
- Ready for Testing
- Build HTCondor 8.8 and 8.9 in OSG & run VMU tests
- Talk to Horst about testing XRootD 4
Difficult to find to find willing testers for XRootD 4 since XCache servers are all using XRootD 5
on the other hand, non-XCache servers are reluctant to upgrade; talk to Dave Mason for help.
- Look at EL 6 retirement spreadsheet
- Move cronjobs from ingwe to moria