OSG Technology Area Meeting, 11 May 2020¶
Coordinates: Conference: +1 312-626-6799, PIN: 718 161 330, https://cern.zoom.us/j/718161330 (password sent separately)
Attending: BrianL, Carl, Derek, Diego, Edgar, Marco Mambelli, Marian, Mat, TimT
- This week: Mat
- Next week: TimT
- 13 (+5) open FreshDesk tickets
- 1 (+0) open GGUS ticket
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|13||+1||Ready for Testing|
|3||+1||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- Reminder: Promotion requests should include a summary of changes in the requested packages that are relevant to OSG site admins
- OSG 3.5.16
- AI (Mat): Release HTCondor 8.8.9 and 8.9.7 (SOFTWARE-4079, SOFTWARE-4080)
- AI (Edgar): Release vo-client with EIC VOMS (SOFTWARE-4097)
- OSG 3.5.17
- AI (Edgar): XRootD 4.12.0 officially released upstream (SOFTWARE-4063)
- AI (Diego): Release XCache 1.3+ (SOFTWARE-4047)
- AI (Diego): Build XRootD plugin .so's based on XRootD version (SOFTWARE-4093)
- AI (Carl): Release gratia-probe 1.20.13+ (SOFTWARE-3980)
- AI (Mat): Remove OSG references in HTCondor-CE view and condorceinfostatus (SOFTWARE-3963)
Marco has some Singularity and
condor_chirp fixes and updates in GlideinWMS 3.6.3 (expected in 2-3 weeks)
- Brown (Marian): waiting on a response from Brown about registering their XRootD in Topology
- JLab (Edgar): actively troubleshooting issues with submit hosts authenticating with different hosts with Let's Encrypt certs
- LIGO (Carl, Derek): followed up on some extra VO attribtues showing up in the accounting dashboards
- Notre Dame (Carl): answered questions about passing along AccountingGroup via the BLAH
- SWT2 (Derek): had to do Slurm Gratia probe surgery for Oklahoma and UTA. We're getting tired of doing this so UNL is going to pilot using the HTCondor-CE Gratia probe at their Slurm site.
OSG Release Team¶
|0||+0||0||+0||8||-3||8||-3||Ready for Testing|
|1||+0||0||+0||2||+1||3||+1||Ready for Release|
- Ready for Testing
- EL8 wn client
- blahp 1.18.46
- hosted-ce-tools 0.6
- Frontier Squid 4.11-2.1
- GlideinWMS 3.7
- Ready for Release
- CMVFS 2.7.2
- CCTools 7.1.5
- osg-ce 3.5-5
- XRootD 4.11.3
- Ready for Testing
- AI (Carl): Create a follow-on ticket to fix the INDEX in the CA certificate packaging
- AI (Edgar): Test the latest Frontier Squid package via the
OSG Investigations Team¶
- GRACC transition now monitored with gracc-transition website: https://gracc-transition.herokuapp.com/: 99%
- Marian can give status.
- SciTokens + XCache - As always, very complicated...
- Need to figure out the singularity container pruning.
- Turned on garbage collection on the CVMFS repo. Cleaned up a TON of space, no longer need to worry so much about pruning.
- XRootD monitoring collector validation is starting.
- Parallel infrastructure is 90% up and running.
- Slurm gratia probe considerations
None this week