OSG Technology Area Meeting, 16 August 2022¶
- Coordinates: Conference: +1-415-655-0002, PIN: 146 266 9392, https://morgridge-org.zoom.us/j/91987518094 (password sent separately)
- Attending: BrianL, Carl, Marco Mambelli, Mat, TimT
- Mat, TimT out of office next Monday.
- This week: Brian
- Next week: Carl
- 8 (+2) open FreshDesk tickets
- 0 (+0) open GGUS ticket
Jira (as of Monday)¶
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|38||+6||Selected for Dev|
|3||+0||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- Use COManage IDs in Topology wherever possible!
- AI (Mat): build stash-origin chart (SOFTWARE-5258)
- AI (BrianL): set up expiration notification template and workflow; contact COManage developers for assistance if needed
- AI (Carl): complete custom workflows ticket; meet with BrianL and Mat to discuss use cases for workflows
The new EPEL release of Apptainer (the replacement for Singularity) requires user namespaces. This will need to be documented for admins.
The GlideinWMS developers planning a release candidate for this week. They recently worked with the HTCondor Team to debug an HTCondor-CE issue with dual stack IPv4/IPv6. BrianL will investigate the CE default configuration to see what might have caused that.
Expecting a new HTCondor 9.0.16 release today, and a 9.11.0 release on Thursday.
FIU (Mat) working with FIU to resolve connection issues while attempting to mirror OSG Software repos.
FNAL (Carl) worked with Yuijun and Kevin Retzke on Gratia probe changes. Software team work is done for now; at this point Yuijun and Kevin should discuss their requirements.
OSG Release Team¶
- Ready for Testing
- xrootd-monitoring-shoveler 1.1.2
- HTCondor 9.0.16 (important bug fixes)
- Upcoming: HTCondor 9.11.0 RC2
- Release xrootd-monitoring-shoveler and HTCondor 9.0.16 this week.