OSG Technology Area Meeting, 3 May 2022¶
- Coordinates: Conference: +1-415-655-0002, PIN: 146 266 9392, https://morgridge.webex.com/webappng/sites/morgridge/meeting/info/791d9dddc5464eb6a73fc7746331d06c (password sent separately)
- Attending: BrianL, Carl, Derek, Mat, TimT
OSG 3.5 EOL!
Doc focus this Friday, primarily concentrated on removing old OSG 3.5 documentation.
- This week: BrianL
- Next week: Mat
- 16 (+3) open FreshDesk tickets
- 1 (-1) open GGUS ticket
Jira (as of Monday)¶
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|30||-3||Selected for Dev|
|24||+10||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- Kubernetes Hackathon today!
- AI (Carl): Make CronJob for fixing up user GIDs in COManage.
- AI (Mat): Investigate auto-update failures in the PATh facility Kubernetes pool.
- AI (BrianL): Move FE cert-manager patches to base
- AI (BrianL): Investigate upgrade path from Flux v1 to Flux v2
- Doc focus this Friday
- Primary MkDocs repositories being moved to the osg-htc GitHub organization. Technology first, then docs
- AI (BrianL): Work with JeffD to debug site failures starting after OSG 3.6 upgrades.
- AI (BrianL): Respond to Scott Koranda regarding missing EPPNs in COManage.
- AI (Carl): Remove certinfo usage from Gratia.
- AI (Mat): Renew central collector host cert (which expires on May 6); UNL SANs are no longer necessary.
- AI (Mat): Register PATh Facility Execute Points in Topology.
- AI (TimT): Test HTCondor 9.9.0 in CHTC; new remote management features might impact glideins so those will need extra testing.
- Next projects:
- Transition contacts to COManage
- Finish sending OSPool StartD logs to the GRACC
- Streamline deployments of OSDF caches and origins
- Retire OSG 3.5
- Allow for custom workflows in opensciencegrid/images
Added a "contrib" directory to the opensciencegrid/images repo so people can contribute images; the first contributor was FNAL with some FTS images. There is a danger of the GitHub Actions for the repo taking too long; the Software Team will investigate fixes as necessary.
- BNL (Derek): Debugging various randomly occurring slow or failing transfers with XRootD-Standalone
- GRACC (Derek): Debugging CEs that have stopped reporting to GRACC after upgrading to OSG 3.6; will stay in touch with the Software Team regarding necessary software/packaging/documentation fixes resulting from these.
- GIL (Carl): Debug Igor's issue with viewing Topology resources using his COManage credentials.
- A few feature requests / bug fixes for StashCP.
- Still helping shoveler support for token auto-updating.
None this week
OSG Release Team¶
- Ready for Testing
- GlideinWMS 3.9.4-3: Fix rrdtool dependencies
- gratia-probe 2.5.2
- Remove pre-routed jobs instead of quarantining them
- always set MapUnknownToGroup
- HTCondor 9.0.12: Bug fix release
- HTCondor-CE 5.1.4
- Fix whole node job glidein CPUs and GPUs exprs that caused held jobs
- Fix bug where default CERequirements were being ignored
- Pass whole node request from GlideinWMS to the batch system
- Fix rrdtool dependencies to ease OSG 3.5 to 3.6 upgrade
- XCache 3.0.1
- Fixed library dependency issues for xcache-reporter
- Add systemd overrides for xrootd-privileged
- osg-flock 1.8
- Remove MapUnknownToGroup and MapGroupToRole from osg-flock
- Advertise osg-flock version in the osg-flock RPM
- rrdtool 1.8.0-1.2-el7: make Python RRDtools available to GlideinWMS
None this week