OSG Technology Area Meeting, 16 February 2021¶
Coordinates: Conference: +1-415-655-0002, PIN: 146 266 9392, https://morgridge.webex.com/webappng/sites/morgridge/meeting/info/791d9dddc5464eb6a73fc7746331d06c (password sent separately)
Attending: Brian L, Carl, Derek, Marco Mambelli, Marian, Mat, Tim T
- OSG All Hands March 1-5
- This week: BrianL
- Next week: Mat
- 2 (-1) open FreshDesk tickets
- 0 (+0) open GGUS ticket
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|16||+4||Selected for Dev|
|39||+5||Ready for Testing|
|1||+0||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- OSG 3.6 deadline at the end of February (https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/browse/SOFTWARE-4282)
- Package build tasks (https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/browse/SOFTWARE-4475) New column added for EL8 success/failure
- AI (Carl): Consolidate Gratia probes (https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/browse/SOFTWARE-4467)
- AI (Mat): Release osg-configure 4.0.0 (https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/browse/SOFTWARE-4468)
- AI (GlideinWMS devs): Build GlideinWMS for 3.6 and 3.6-upcoming
- OSG 3.5.32
- AI (Carl): Release Python 3 compatible gratia probe
- Doc Focus Feb 25 (all day if possible)
- Container backfill: GRACC can handle the new 'Execution Endpoint' service.
- GlideinWMS 3.9.1 is out; HTTP service has been split out of the default RPM to make containerization easier.
- Q (Marian): How does the factory know how much disk space is available for a slot?
- A (Marco): Uses what HTCondor reports (which is dynamically measured). Open HTCondor ticket (HTCONDOR-174) for adding a way to set a disk quota for a slot.
- HTCondor 8.9.12 will not be ready for 3.6 so we will ship 8.9.11.
- SIUE (Southern Illinois University Edwardsville) (BrianL): discussing CE support for Ubuntu
- CU Boulder (BrianL, Carl, Derek): some 0 CPU usage records with non-zero walltimes
- OSG Status page: Developing script to synchronize OSG contact list to subscribe the status page
- GRACC (continued progress):
- documentation for the GRACC rolling update and fresh install
- APEL Reporting - still investigating whether should we update to the new AMS
- Gratia probe update for queue time metric
- XRootD accounting information (from Frank):
- Table of working set, read, and re-read for monthly, quarterly, and year.
- Map of StashCache origins and caches. Discussing implementation details with Tim.
- Discussion of the Zoom attendees script Derek wrote.
None this week
OSG Release Team¶
|3||+1||Selected for Development|
|22||+5||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||Ready for Release|
- Ready for Testing
- gratia-probe 1.22.3
- osg-ce 3.5-6
- Ready for Release
- Ready for Testing
- AI (TimT): clean up stale RFT tickets