OSG Technology Area Meeting, 10 May 2022¶
- Coordinates: Conference: +1-415-655-0002, PIN: 146 266 9392, https://morgridge-org.zoom.us/j/91987518094 (password sent separately)
- Attending: BrianL, Carl, Derek, Marco Mambelli, Mat, TimT
- BrianL OOO next week
- HTCondor week May 23 - 26
- Next two meetings canceled
- This week: Mat
- Next week: TimT
- 13 (-3) open FreshDesk tickets
- 2 (+1) open GGUS ticket
Jira (as of Monday)¶
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|27||-2||Selected for Dev|
|9||-7||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- OSG 3.6
- AI (Carl) remove certinfo log messages
- AI (Mat) XRootD 5.4.3 RC1
- Next week:
- AI (Mat) Streamlining OSDF service deployment: add Topology endpoint returning a list of OSDF caches for a given path
- AI (Carl) Topology COManage transition: pull contact db into COManage contact results where missing
- GlideinWMS stakeholders meeting tomorrow; 3.9.3 release planned.
ComputeCanada (BrianL): troubleshoot missing
OSG_WN_TMPdue to HTCondor change from
BLAHPD_LOCATIONin HTCondor 9.3.0
Carl: Continue to assist Igor with authentication issues. Mats can give him a manually generated token to keep things moving along.
ODU (Mat): Investigate failure to launch Singularity from CVMFS.
UTC-EPYC (Mat): Investigate random job failures; request assistance from HTCondor developers.
JLab (Mat): Setting up a cache and an origin; they are planning on having both on one host (in containers) and using the same cert. This will cause accounting issues (the StashCache graphs are keyed by hostname) but the other central XRootD services should handle it properly.
- A few feature requests / bug fixes for StashCP. One of them ready for pull request: https://github.com/opensciencegrid/stashcp/pull/41
- Shoveler auto-update is working great! Increased token lifetime on lightweight issuer to 1 hour.
- Did a large pull request for GP-ARGO. Wondering if we should include the Site Name in the OSG map? Currently, we show Facility Name, Resource Group, and Resource names. But we don't show the site level in the map.
None this week
OSG Release Team¶
- Ready for Testing
- OSG 3.6 WN client: Fix missing packages in tarball
- HTCondor-CE 5.1.4
- Fix whole node job glidein CPUs and GPUs exprs that caused held jobs
- Fix bug where default CERequirements were being ignored
- Pass whole node request from GlideinWMS to the batch system
- Fix rrdtool dependencies to ease OSG 3.5 to 3.6 upgrade
- GlideinWMS 3.9.4-3: Fix rrdtool dependencies
- rrdtool 1.8.0-1.2-el7: make Python RRDtools available to GlideinWMS
- xrootd-multiuser 2.0.4
- osg-token-renewer 0.8.2
None this week