Upcoming OSG All-Hands Meeting, March 1–5
The OSG All-Hands Meeting is an excellent opportunity to discuss the latest developments and directions within the OSG, connect with other colleagues and hear from researchers about their work and how they are taking advantage of distributed high throughput computing.
— Eric Sedore, Chief Technology Officer at Syracuse University
Frank Würthwein, OSG Executive Director and Meeting Chair, in speaking about this year’s the All-Hands Meeting, noted:
These past 12 months, unlike any others, have shown the power and influence of the OSG in supporting researchers as they work to enhance science and the importance of the contributors to the pool. The All-Hands Meeting brings the open science community together to share knowledge as this democratization of science changes the world.
A wide range of contributors and attendees with diverse backgrounds from across the world wiil be participating in the meeting. A small sampling of the speakers includes Amir Bitran, Harvard University, speaking on “Towards design of folding inhibitors against SARS-CoV-2 proteins”, Kevin Thompson, National Science Foundation, discussing “CC* and campus computing”, and James P. Howard, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, will be talking about “Modeling demand for medical resources”. The full list of contributors can be found on the Contributors page.
The daily meeting topics are:
- Monday: State of OSG; David Swanson Award recipients; Impact on Research
- Tuesday: Campus Services and Experiences; NSF Campus Cyberinfrastructure (CC*)
- Wednesday: OSG Agility and Technology Advancements
- Thursday: Impact on Multi-Institutional Collaborations
- Friday: U.S. ATLAS and CMS Projects
For meeting technology and other logistics, see the Meeting Logistics page. Note that Zoom connection details are emailed only to those who registered.
For questions or comments, please email our events mailing list.
See you there!
- Frank Würthwein, OSG Executive Director and Meeting Chair
- Lauren Michael, OSG Research Facilitation Team Lead
- Tim Cartwright, OSG Deputy Executive Director