Installing the Worker Node Client From RPMs¶
The OSG Worker Node Client is a collection of software components that is expected to be added to every worker node that can run OSG jobs. It provides a common environment and a minimal set of common tools that all OSG jobs can expect to use. Contents of the worker node client can be found here.
It is possible to install the Worker Node Client software in a variety of ways, depending on your local site:
- Install using RPMs and Yum (this guide) - useful when managing your worker nodes with a tool (e.g., Puppet, Chef) that can automate RPM installs
- Use from OASIS - useful when worker nodes already mount CVMFS
- Install using a tarball - useful when installing onto a shared filesystem for distribution to worker nodes
This document is intended to guide system administrators through the process of configuring a site to make the Worker Node Client software available from an RPM.
As with all OSG software installations, there are some one-time (per host) steps to prepare in advance:
- Ensure the host has a supported operating system
- Obtain root access to the host
- Prepare the required Yum repositories
- Install CA certificates
Install the Worker Node Client¶
Install the Worker Node Client RPM:
[email protected] # yum install osg-wn-client
Fetch-CRL is the only service required to support the WN Client.
|See CA documentation for more info|
fetch-crl-boot will begin fetching CRLS, which can take a few minutes and fail on transient errors. You can add configuration to ignore these transient errors in
As a reminder, here are common service commands (all run as
|To …||Run the command …|
|Start a service||
|Stop a service||
|Enable a service to start during boot||
|Disable a service from starting during boot||
Validating the Worker Node Client¶
To verify functionality of the worker node client, you will need to submit a test job against your CE and verify the job's output.
- Submit a job that executes the
envcommand (e.g. Run condor_ce_trace with the
-dflag from your HTCondor CE)
- Verify that the value of
OSG_GRIDis set to
How to get Help?¶
To get assistance please use this Help Procedure.