GRid ACcounting Collector
GRACC is a collection of components for implementing resource usage accounting.
GRACC is meant as a replacement of the Gratia accounting system; the engineering focus is on smaller, independent components rather than a monolithic collector architecture. The hope is that, by breaking the functionality into a series of smaller components, future architectural changes (such as migration to a new database) can be done without rewriting the entire infrastructure. For example, forwarding information to a separate accounting database becomes much simpler in this infrastructure.
Repositories of interest:
- GRACC Collector. An agent which runs on an existing Gratia collector that forwards raw usage records to GRACC.
- GRACC Monitoring Emails. Simple daily emails overview GRACC activity.
- GRACC Request Agent. Agents that listen for replay requests from GRACC.
- GRACC Summary Agent. Agents that request summary records from the Request Agent and forward the records back to the Logstash agent for storage in ElasticSearch
- GRACC Archiver. Agents that listen on the RabbitMQ exchange for raw records and store them to disk in a gzip file.
- GRACC Backup Scripts. A service that runs periodically on the same host as the Archiver which backs up the completed gzip files to external Tape. See Backup Docs for more details.
- GRACC Reports. A collection of reports that run periodically that query GRACC and present aggregated data to stakeholders.